A wide variety of musical dance movies and theatre productions are recorded on videos for all to watch and enjoy.
- Ballet is one of the oldest forms of telling a story through music and dance. There are different styles of ballet which had its origin in different European countries. A few of these are: “Checchetti”, which had its origin in Italy, and “Royal Academy of Dance”, developed by various dancers in England.
- Tap dancing started out as a type of percussion dances performed by several ethnic groups. African tribal dances, Irish jigs and Jazz influenced this dance to become what it consists of today.
- Religious dance can take many forms. Movements are also borrowed from more than one dance style.
- The Waltz had its origin in the countryside of Austria and Bavaria from where it spread to the city suburbs. It is a combination of ballroom and folk dances, and is also called a gliding and turning dance done in triple time.
- Latin American Dance is a combination of Native Latin, African and European influences. It started with the Aztecs and Incas and was already developed when the Europeans set foot in South America. Dances include Cha-cha-cha, Rumba, Samba, Paso Doble, Jive, Salsa, Mambo, Meringue and The Tango.
- Rock and Roll is a very athletic, competitive form of dance that originated from the Lindy hop. It can be danced by couples or groups, all female or all male and mixed gender.
- The following dance video clip shows 10 very popular dances from early days till now.
- This video contains the top 10 most popular dance scenes out of musicals and dance movies.
For as long as human existence was known, some kind of song and dance evolved, and as long as human existence goes on, a song and dance will continue to follow.